Recently added item(s)
You have no items in your basket.
We regularly talk to our customers about the top nutrients and supplements which can support joint, bone and skin health. To help you find the right product for you, we’ve compiled a list of the key nutrients, and our go-to supplements.
• Glucosamine is a key component of complex molecules called glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), which are crucial building blocks of cartilage. Cartilage is a type of connective tissue within joints, which helps to facilitate movement and protect joints from ‘wear and tear’.
• MSM stands for a compound called methyl sulphonyl methane, which is a great source of sulphur. Glucosamine needs to have sulphur added on to it to form chondroitin sulphate, a type of GAG abundant in cartilage.
• Vitamin C contributes to the formation of collagen, the main protein present in cartilage and bone. It therefore contributes to the normal function of these tissues, as well as gums, skin, and teeth.
• Calcium and magnesium are essential building blocks of our bones. Whilst most of us are familiar with the notion that additional calcium is important for bone health, it is essential to ensure we get adequate levels of magnesium alongside calcium as these nutrients work in synergy with each other. Using bioavailable forms such as citrate ensures optimum absorption and effectiveness.
• Vitamin D supports healthy bones and calcium absorption in the gut. The majority of people in the UK are low or deficient in vitamin D so it is important to supplement with a daily level all year round.
• Vitamin K2 supports healthy bones by acting as a cofactor for calcium binding in bone. The most effective and bioavailable from of vitamin K2 is MK7, which has been used in numerous clinical trials
Provides a good level of glucosamine in the well-absorbed, well-tolerated hydrochloride form, alongside vitamin C and magnesium. Magnesium works synergistically by contributing to normal protein synthesis and bone health, while vitamin C supports collagen formation. The glucosamine is from a non-shellfish source, which allows this product to be vegetarian and suitable for those with a shellfish allergy.
This combines the optimal level of actual glucosamine (as hydrochloride) with MSM and chondroitin sulphate to make it a high strength complex, which may provide more comprehensive support.
Collagen Complex is a high potency and synergistic combination of collagen, nutrients, and antioxidants for skin, joint and bone support. It combines the most bioavailable marine collagen with hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, zinc, nucleotides, and a mix of antioxidants including hesperidin, rutin and rosehips.
A synergistic combination of potent botanical ingredients to manage inflammation and support immunity as well as supporting energy, nervous, heart and circulation and lung function. It provides the perfect balance between the specific potent activity of curcumin, with the synergy of other key plant extracts, like turmeric, ginger, and pine bark. Emulsified with UltraSOL® technology to make it 46 times more bioavailable than standard curcumin and with a longer-lasting effect in the body.
Osteoplex - For Bone Health
Osteoplex is a nutrient complex with calcium, magnesium, vitamins D & K and boron, for bone health support. It provides the key structural nutrients in their most bioavailable form to ensure maximum absorption and utilisation by the body. Calcium and magnesium are provided in citrate forms, vitamin K2 as menaquinone-7 - a more effective form of vitamin K for bone support, and vitamin D in the preferred D3 form. This is provided in a capsule form, but we also have Osteo Intensive, which is a stronger formulation in a powder form, so best for those who need therapeutic form
This is a great-tasting, everyday powder supplement which provides a high dose (1g) of vitamin C per scoop in the well-tolerated magnesium ascorbate form for general collagen, immune, and antioxidant support. It also contains rutin, hesperidin, bilberry, rosehip, and minerals such as zinc and manganese to make it more rounded and comprehensive. Rosehip has traditionally been used as a nutrient dense and therapeutic food, which is a rich source of vitamin C, B vitamins, and a wide range of phytonutrients. It can be readily combined with any of the above supplements and mixed into water or added to a juice or smoothie
Got a question?
The brand you can talk to:
We have a team of Nutritionists at the end of our advice line, open to you, for product support and advice (5 days a week). 0121 433 8702 or email@example.com
Or head to our advice page where you can find Healthnotes.
Not registered for an account with BioCare®?